Change is the law of nature and it applies to everything including our building premises. Building owners across the globe have started installing sliding doors in their residential and commercial units. The unmatched features of these modern doors have increased their demand and supply in a big way. Millions of passionate guys throughout the world love to replace the old doors and enjoy the grace and durability of these latest pieces.
Maintenance tips – The hard earned money since spent for buying anything including the sliding doors should not just be allowed to go waste. As such we should see that they run for long for which we at our own need to be extra cautious. Owners of such doors are suggested –
- Cleanliness – Somebody has rightly said that a thing of beauty is a joy forever. Same goes true with these doors too those are also prone to dirtiness because of dirt and filth that often gets accumulated. As such we should clean them on all days. Take fresh water and add some soft detergent into it. Clean these doors by using a piece of soft cloth. Avoid using harsh soaps and coarse clothes as they both may lead to scratches.
- Cream rich cleaners – Buy quality cream cleaners and make use of their soft squirt. Using warm water for their perfect use is good for maintaining the original colour these doors.
- Avoid oils and abrasives – It is recommended not to use these two things that are just harmful. The seals and other parts of the doors could be spoiled with liquids and oils etc. Use of furniture aerosol wax is suggested as it is rich in silicone for good results.
- Quality polishes and greases – It is suggested to lubricate the hinges and locks of these doors with quality grease. WD40 is all the better. Metal parts of these doors can be greased with good oils that prevent an occurrence of rust. Using quality polishes goes a long way in retaining these doors with us for long and prevents repairs or replacement.
- Gentle operation – We come across families that allow their kids to close or open the doors and windows. The youngsters are usually in the habit of opening and closing these doors in hurried and hard manners that lead to defects and breakages too. So be wise to operate these doors in moderate manners.
- No water please – Doors made of wood and other materials including glass or metal are prone to deterioration if water and the rain-water, in particular, are allowed to invade them. Be wise to keep it at the great distance as it would damage them.
- Duplicate keys –Place the duplicate keys of these doors at the easily accessible place. Such keys prove their worth in the event of unforeseen circumstances that compel us to either lock or close the sliding doors in emergent cases.
Now that you are familiar with the above tips, just grasp and follow them to keep these doors for longer periods.